Oct 24, 2015

AFK

Hi guys,

As you may have noticed, I've been away for, uh, quite a while. No particular reason to this, I'm just quite busy (I'm a divorced father of two young kids if you have to know) and, well, game-making doesn't seem as thrilling to me as it used to. Sooo basically I'm posting today to say goodbye for an indefinite period of time. I'm not closing this blog because I want people to be still able to access my contents even though I'm away - but on the other hand I won't be active here until further notice. I know I'm going to leave some users disappointed because I've received lots of requests for help in the past months that I let pile up, and if I'm addressing one I'm going to address them all, and this is too much for me right now. I also saw lots of nice comments I'm not going to give individal replies to, but be assured I read them and it meant a lot to me.

So, thanks to all of you faithful and casual readers for your support and feedback and positive thoughts. I hope I was able to provide enough contents and help to leave good memories wherever I have posted too. I'll be thinking back of my experience as an amateur scripter with a smile on my face - and who knows, maybe we'll meet again in the future, here or elsewhere.

Take care.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your scripts and appreciate what you were trying to do regarding to making the RPG games more desicion orientated.
    It has been a few years, but maybe, you will look back at this some day and I 'd like you to know that you are still helping and inspiring young amateur game makers to go beyond the preconfines and try to make the game they would want to play.
    - Just now I had to stop myself from rambling on about the one I've been making for five years, realising I probably would be boring everyone to tears. -
    I will be using some of your scripts that fit what I wanted and fiddling with them until I get what I need, hopefully bettering my poor scripting skills.
    I find the Scene_Base Approach better understandable than easier to adapt than the original way Scenes were handled and I like your style of making things as customisable as possible while still keeping it easy to understand.
    Anyways, best regards, a very warm "Thank you!"

    ReplyDelete